I love the part of a Saturday night or Sunday morning worship service where you get to just tune everything else out and worship He who created you. Maybe you lift your hands, and maybe you don’t. Maybe you kneel, or prostrate yourself, just sing along in your head. But the music will help you get to that place of worship, if you let it. It will help you find that sweet spot, where it’s just you and God.
The list of songs that follows is by no means comprehensive, and it does change from time to time. But here are some of the songs that over the past few years have touched me in one way or another.
(special thank you to Val Wilson for all those Monday evenings back in San Diego, and for her heart for Jesus, and worship, and for all the blessings she brought to the HP team with just herself and her guitar)
5. Healer, by Hillsong: it’s true that the guy who wrote it was a complete fraud, but that doesn’t mean the song is any less powerful, or true…
4. How Great is Our God, Chris Tomlin: it’s getting a little old, now, but it still gets to me every time
3. How He Loves, David Crowder Band: I can’t hear this song without getting at least a little emotional. It says so perfectly how God feels about us, no matter what we might think of ourselves…amazing
2. From The Inside Out, by Hillsong: so awesome. Twenty4/7 does this song a lot, and it takes me right to that place of worship every time I hear it…so powerful
1. Son of God, by Starfield: I think this is one of the most perfect songs of worship I’ve heard
And for a song that makes you want to just jump up and down in praise, I have to go with this one:
Undignified, by David Crowder Band