A friend posted this article on Facebook and after chewing on it for a few hours, I think I’ve formulated a few thoughts.
1. People say really stupid things on Twitter.
2. Just because the kid singing the anthem was Mexican does not mean he’s illegal, you asshats.
3. People of many ethnicities sing the national anthem all the time at all kinds of sporting events. This is the first time you noticed?
4. Unless you’re a Native American, you’re descended from immigrants, too.
5. The America I love offers all kinds of people the opportunity to express their patriotism through song, among other ways.
6. You Twittering gas bags make me throw up in my mouth a little. Are you implying only Caucasians can love America, or be American?
I typically try to be uninvolved with this sort of thing. Certain topics bring out the stupid in people. And the hate. The ironic thing about these Twidiots is that right now, there’s an all volunteer army all around the world made up of men and women of every race and ethnicity protecting their right to make racist fools of themselves.